Fast and Efficient Lawyers NSW

For free consultation call us on (02) 9844 5437

Send your enquiries to

Car Accident Injury Compensation Enquiries

For all car accident injury compensation enquiries call us on (02) 9844 5437 or send your enquiries to

FAQ: Injury in a car accident that was not your fault

Do I need to call the Police to report a car accident?
Yes, you need to call the Police or report the accident by attending the closest Police Station.

What to do next if I was injured in a car accident?
Call us to talk about what to do after the car accident. You would need to attend your GP to get a medical check-up and treatment as soon as possible.

Do I need to seek legal advice?
Yes, talk to us about your claim for compensation and how to lodge a claim form.

Are there any time limits to make a claim?
Yes, there are requirements to make the claim within 6 months of the date of accident.

What compensation could I claim?

  • Medical treatment expenses
  • Pain and suffering, depending on the severity of your injuries
  • Care and assistance (both paid care and care received from family members)
  • Loss of wages

What happens if I do not know who hit me?
You can still make a claim even if you do not have details of the car that caused the accident.

Should I accept the insurer's offer?
No. The insurance company's initial offer is often too low. We advise clients to seek legal advice immediately and not to sign any agreements without talking to us first.